Girón Center for Arts & Tactics invites you to submit live performance art proposals and completed works of video-performance for the second iteration of the INCEN•DIARIO performance series.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sunday, May 4th @ Midnight
Exhibition will take place on Thursday, May 22nd at Panoply Performance Lab (104 Meserole Street, Brooklyn, NY).
INCEN•DIARIO is an ongoing, traveling event series of live performance and video-performance. The curation process includes an open call and select commissioned works. INCEN•DIARIO exists as an opportunity to showcase artists who are working with radical ideas and creating revolutionary performance art.
This instance of INCEN•DIARIO will continue in the spirit of the first. We seek work that directly or abstractly addresses political issues, injustices, gender roles, historical incidents with lasting effects, current events, class warfare, and so on. This time, we are calling specifically for pieces that incorporate elements of fitness, stamina, repetition, and endurance as a means to communicate labour and physical struggle as a gateway to the fantastic.
We will select for the exhibition:
– 4 Works of video-performance art will be selected (maximum length is 15 minutes)
– 3 Live performances of 15–20 minutes each, maximum
– 1 Live durational performance piece that will begin at 8:00pm and run for the entire length of the show (about 4 hours)
To submit a completed work of video-performance or a live performance proposal please see the details below. Deadline for submissions is SUNDAY MAY 4th @ MIDNIGHT. Please email all submission materials to Giron [dot] NYC [at] gmail [dot] com
1) Artist’s Name + website (if applicable)
2) Artist’s country of origin
3) Short description of the work/performance proposal, and its relation to the show’s theme (250 words max)
4) Short bio (250 words max) PLUS any additional credits (collaborators, funding, etc)
5) For videos: URL to the video, plus date of completion
6) Duration of performance or video work (live performances: 15-20 min MAX, or 4-hour durational piece, videos: 15 minutes MAX).
7) For performance proposals: Photographs or documentation of the piece if you’ve done it before (if this is the first time, please send a longer, more detailed proposal)
8) For performance proposals: required materials & limiting factors (ie fire/water/smoke)
El trabajo es la más hermosa alegría de la vida. Y la luz, la mañana, el sueño y la verdad echaban a andar al mismo tiempo. Labour is the most beautiful happiness in life. And light, morning, a dream, and the truth began to walk at the same time.
—Manuel Cofiño López (Cuban Revolutionary writer, Havana 1979)