Here INCIDENT’s editors and team of writers will post short, quick updates on the magazine and other news/events in Performance.
- Becoming Constellation: An Interview with Benjamin Sebastian - By Daniella LaGaccia I was first introduced to the performance work of Benjamin Sebastian during their stay in New York back in September, 2012. Visiting from London, Sebastian performed along with Bean and Poppy Jackson at Grace Exhibition Space for … Continue reading
- Fire And Prayer, Performance As Ritual in Miami - By Steven Butz Nearing the end of the ever-frenzied 2016 Miami Basel art fair week, performance artist Sarah H. Paulson, accompanied by two other performers, Samantha Gray and composer Travis Laplante, created a three and a half hour event which, … Continue reading
- Mon corps tel qu’il est — Interview avec Kamil Guenatri - This is a français translation of a conversation between Bonella Holloway and Kamil Guenatri. A previously published English version of this text can be found here. Additional editorial help with the French text was done by André Éric Létourneau. Artist … Continue reading
- Documentation – Post Election Therapy: 133 Days of Madness - By Daniella LaGaccia @lagaccia Documentation from Post Election Therapy: 133 Days of Madness, a wonderful 2-hour performance organized by Thea Little, Niki Singleton and Morgan Roddick held at Underdonk Gallery on March 22nd in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn. Featuring … Continue reading
- Appreciations: the Performance Work of Bre Lembitz - By Daniella LaGaccia @lagaccia This story is about a person who uses old things to make new things. One photo of Bre Lembitz shows her dressed in a gown of words, hate speech written during the recent presidential campaign. Crossing … Continue reading