Here INCIDENT’s editors and team of writers will post short, quick updates on the magazine and other news/events in Performance.
- TranSfering Performance: An Interview with Suka Off - By Daniella LaGaccia Polite and welcoming, Suka Off is a collective of two Poland-based artists featuring Sylvia Lajbig and Piotr Wegrzynski that has existed since 1995. Their work is atmospheric with a emphasis on aesthetics, and contains with elements of … Continue reading
- Review – Caitlin Baucom’s The Sickness at Superchief Gallery - By Daniella LaGaccia Styled as “a three day spell” Caitlin Baucom’s The Sickness, a mini-opera performance at Superchief Gallery in Ridgewood, New York, was at once dreamlike, surreal, etheral and disturbing. The performance was performed over three nights from July … Continue reading
- What REMAINS After the Performance? An Interview with Tif Robinette - By Daniella LaGaccia Editors Note: This interview occurred in early June 2017, before the July 6th opening of REMAINS at Fergus McCaffrey. The show REMAINS opened July 6th at the Chelsea gallery Fergus McCaffrey, and featuring the live performances of … Continue reading
- My Conversation with Andrea: An Interview with Andrea Kleine and Anya Liftig - By Daniella LaGaccia I didn’t meet Andrea Kleine and Anya Liftig at a restaurant like the Café des Artistes in the Upper West Side, but we did find a nice coffee shop off the corner of Bryant Park. Pop music … Continue reading
- Becoming Constellation: An Interview with Benjamin Sebastian - By Daniella LaGaccia I was first introduced to the performance work of Benjamin Sebastian during their stay in New York back in September, 2012. Visiting from London, Sebastian performed along with Bean and Poppy Jackson at Grace Exhibition Space for … Continue reading