Here INCIDENT’s editors and team of writers will post short, quick updates on the magazine and other news/events in Performance.
- Review – Katya Grokhovsky is a “Bad Bad Bad Woman” - By Kim Doan Quoc On the first day of this second winter of April, I visited for the first time the Queens Museum. Passing by baseball cap sellers and the huge Unisphere enthroned in the park, I saw this Sunday … Continue reading
- Exploring Female Stereotypes: An Interview with Queendom’s Director Veronika Szabó, and its Performers - By Kim Doan Quoc Queendom is a performance piece about woman archetypes. For about one hour and a half, the director Veronika Szabó and the performers drive the audience in a hilarious exploration of female stereotypes. From pageant beauty to … Continue reading
- Stitching Together Identity – An Interview with Anna Hafner - An interview with Anna Hafer, a multidisciplinary artist who uses costumery and performance to bring to life mythical creatures and exploring the nature of identity. Continue reading
- TranSfering Performance: An Interview with Suka Off - By Daniella LaGaccia Polite and welcoming, Suka Off is a collective of two Poland-based artists featuring Sylvia Lajbig and Piotr Wegrzynski that has existed since 1995. Their work is atmospheric with a emphasis on aesthetics, and contains with elements of … Continue reading
- Review – Caitlin Baucom’s The Sickness at Superchief Gallery - By Daniella LaGaccia Styled as “a three day spell” Caitlin Baucom’s The Sickness, a mini-opera performance at Superchief Gallery in Ridgewood, New York, was at once dreamlike, surreal, etheral and disturbing. The performance was performed over three nights from July … Continue reading